Wild Beef Osso Bucco
4 Beef Shin with marrow bone *
2 medium onions
4 medium carrots
6 sticks of celery
1 tin chopped tomatoes
4 tsp tomato puree
284 ml (½ pt) beef stock
1 glass white wine(optional)
Herbs, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut onions, carrots and celery into strips, soften
- Remove skin around shin, dip into flour and brown
- Add to vegetables with tinned
tomatoes, puree, stock,wine, herbs. Season to taste.
- Cover and cook in bottom Aga
(or equivalent slow oven), simmering for 3-4 hours. The longer and slower
you cook it the better it is.
- It is ready when the meat
is falling off the bone. Just stir in the marrow and serve with rice
*NOTE - Many of us supply shin off
the bone (it is a wonderful casserole meat) but if you would like to
try this recipe then simply ask for shin on the bone when discussing
your order with your supplier.
For more recipes and a list of suppliers of quality Dartmoor